Microfiction: Week 11

Microfiction 

100-word Story: Waking Up Scared
I wake up in a cold room. The room is illuminated by creepy red lights. Goosebumps spread all over my arms and legs, and I get a strange feeling. I start to feel as if someone else is in the room. I feel paralyzed only able to see what is in my vision and unable to turn my head to look around. I try to close my eyes and fall back asleep but I can’t. I finally get the courage to look around and see a dark figure looming over me. I instantly run away and seek out my mom.

6-word Story: Run
Get up and run to her.
Author's Note: The 100-word and 6-word stories are written based off of a memory I had when I was little. A family member of mine had just passed away, and I was overthinking about death, ghosts, the afterlife, and things related. At the time, I was little and didn't really understand the process of death, so naturally my mind created thoughts about ghosts and other supernatural things. I had gone to sleep that night and had woken up to the room being bright red (I had led lights in the room at the tine and I guess they had turned on on its own coincidentally). I remember being confused because I knew I did not leave the lights on before going to bed, so when I saw the color red illuminating the room I became paranoid. Overall, I think everyone has a memory or story of when they were little and scared of monsters under the bed, the dark, or having nightmares and running to mom for comfort.

Comments

  1. Hi Kaelan,
    I really enjoyed your Micro Fiction story here. First of all, these stories allow for the readers mind to wander -- allowing us to create our own ending some of the time. You do a great job with that here in my opinion. Originally, we have no clue what's in the room, but we know it's probably not going to be good. Next, we have no clue what the dark figure is, but it's also probably not a welcoming individual!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts