Extra Microfiction: Week 12

Microfiction 

100-word Story: Fake Friends

When I close my eyes, I remember being in a crowded room. It was a weekend as always. There were so many people surrounding me yet I was feeling very alone. I stood in the corner for a majority of the party feeling utterly uncomfortable in my own skin. I remember wishing nothing more than to leave, and wanting nothing more to be home, safe in my bed. The faces around smile at me, but little do they know that I know of their ill intentions toward me and that the “friendships” in the room are nothing more than hollow.

6-word Story:

Go where you're appreciated and respected.


Author's Note: The 100-word story and 6-word story was written based off of my personal life a year or so back. I think everyone can relate to feeling out of place in a friend group where you are not appreciated or not treated with consideration and respect. The details don't matter, but the point of the short story was to describe how I felt, weekend after weekend, at the time with these "friends". The 6-word story is essentially what I would say to my younger self in 6 words. Let is serve as a reminder to stay close to people who feel like sunshine instead of people who drain the energy out of you.

Comments

  1. Hi Kaelan,
    Your microfiction here has a very powerful message. I applaud the fact you're comfortable with sharing a part of your life that could possibly be secretive for some people. There have been instances in my life as well where I've felt extremely uncomfortable, and not wanted at a social gathering. I did just as you have done within your 6 word story though! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts