Microfiction

 Microfiction

100-word Story: My Twin Flame

I remember always feeling alone and misunderstood. I remember wishing so badly for just one friend, someone I could tell all my secrets to and laugh with. Then one day, she walked into my life, bringing infinite memories and laughter. The bond we share is beyond rare and one of a kind. It is so special to find someone who mirrors every part of your soul, someone so loyal, loving, and genuine. I am always and forever grateful for this gift that life has given me. We have grown up together, constantly changing with the seasons, but never drifting apart.

6-word Story: Best Friend

She will always be my constant.


(both images owned by me)

Author's Note: For this week, I decided to write a 100-word and 6-word story, and I wrote about one of the strongest friendships in my life. I have dealt with and experienced a lot of "friendships" with disingenuous, inconsiderate, and manipulative people here and there. It is so essential to have someone who will always be there for you. Having someone you can always come to and lean on is so important. I wanted to write this as a reminder to appreciate the friends that have always had your best interest at heart. 

Comments

  1. Wow. Just wow, Kaelan. Both of your microfictions were absolutely beautiful. I could feel the emotion from the first one, how much you two mean to each other and how happy you are to have her in your life. Everything you wrote perfectly encapsulates the idea of a twin flame. And your 6-word story gave me chills, in a good way. I am very wordy in my writing, so having these strict word limits is very hard for me, so I could not imagine being able to evoke so much in so few words let alone staying at the word count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kaelan!
    Both of these stories are wonderful and show how much you care for your friend and how important they are to you. You’ve probably told them this before, but, if you haven’t already, I think you should share these stories with them as well. Being able look at something as a reminder or to put a smile on your face can mean a lot to someone, and I’m sure they’d love to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kaelan!
    This was great! It's amazing how much emotion and detail you can portray in such a short story. The story really reflected the importance of friendship in this life. I found myself thinking about my best friend while reading this which is exactly what writing is supposed to do. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts