Topic Brainstorm

 My first idea for a topic is to retell the story about the life of Siddhartha Gautama. As a Buddhist, I grew up learning stories about his journey into enlightenment and about his family life before hand. I think it would be very interesting and illuminating to learn of the story from a different perspective and possibly learn new things I didn't know before hand. I looked at the sections from The Life of Buddha by Andre Ferdinand Herold and felt that it was very detailed and organized.

My second idea for a topic is related towards religious symbols. My idea would be to retell or discuss in more depth what the meaning is, possibly how that came to be, and the stories behind it. I think it is easy to simply look at a symbol and have an idea of what it represents, but it is even more enlightening and open-minded learning about it in depth. I have always loved learning about symbols and the stories and meanings behind them, so I think I would enjoy this topic. I got this idea from the a video within the playlist called Symbols of Divinity.

Another idea I thought of for a topic related to Karma. I was thinking of perhaps retelling stories with themes of karma as a way to incorporate examples of how karma works. I am pretty familiar with information regarding it, but I think it would be fun and interesting to learn more about it as well as formulating a project. The list of project topics gave me this idea.

My fourth idea for a topic relates to Reincarnation. Although I am familiar with this topic, I am not as in touch with the stories in this course that relate to reincarnation. I think it would be interesting learning more about this topic and incorporating it into retelling stories. The list of project topics game me the idea for this as well.


Comments

Popular Posts