Feedback Thoughts

The How to Overcome Perfectionism: Your Complete Guide article goes into ways to cope with perfectionism. The perfectionism mindset can weigh very heavy on our mental health, so it is important to learn how to control that. I related to the article very much because I sometimes struggle with trying to meet high expectations and standards. To be specific, I related to having some neurotic perfectionistic tendencies putting my health aside. In high school I would be coming home late at night due to long competitions for swimming and would need to eat dinner, shower, and finish my homework; my intense urge for perfectionism in school motivated me to ignore basic needs like food and rest for something like my grades. It is highly important to put yourself first in these situations and give your body time and rest when you need it. The need to feel on top of things can do more harm than good sometimes. Something I think that is important to remember is that perfectionism is unattainable, nobody is perfect. Looking back, I realize those habits can be very harmful to my health but I am happy to say that now, as a college student years later, I am more prone to practicing healthy perfectionism habits. Furthermore, this article was very engaging to read and I thought it was very helpful.

I enjoyed reading the How to Tame Your Inner Critic: A Simple Habit to Rewire Your Brain article because it focused on mindset. I related to this because I also struggle with overthinking and falling into an abyss of negative thoughts. There were mentions that stress and negativity can affect your overall mood. This concept really emphasized the importance of having a good mindset, "you can encourage such helpful developments by the actions and thoughts you embrace. In effect, you can assist your brain to keep developing in a helpful way." Changing your perception on things makes you appreciate things more and also help you stray away from being your own inner critic. I think it is so important to remember this so I naturally was gravitated to this article.



Comments

Popular Posts