Week 2 Reading Overview

 I was most interested in Tiny Tales from the Ramayana because of how condensed it was. I also enjoy listening to audiobooks, and thought it would be new and interesting to listen to the Ramayana.  I felt like this option was more enticing because it seemed the most organized and easy to follow along.

A comic that caught by eye was Krishna and Rukmini: A Love That Will Not Be Denied. The summary says that this is a story of denied love. Krishna must fights his lover's brother, another nemesis, and even the emperor to be able to marry Rukmini. I thought this story was interesting because it incorporates themes of love and battles. Another comic that interested me was Sudama: The Power of True Friendship. This story is about a boy named Sudama that becomes friends with Krishna in childhood when studying form the same guru. He one days goes to visit his friend with a gift, and when he returns home "a miracle has taken place". I found the "miracle" intriguing. 

A video I was interested in was The Source - Who created the universe?. I often think a lot about the universe. How was it created? When was it created? It is something unknown and left unanswered. Overall, I liked learning about how the Vedic Indians had an understanding that the answer was impossible to find, something that was intriguing to me. Another video I found interesting was Sanskrit in 60 Seconds. Although I wish the video was longer, I chose this because of the topic. Sanskrit is a very old and respected language. Sanskrit is the language of many Hindi and Buddhist chants and hymns. The type of Buddhism I follow is close to Mahayana Buddhism and Tibetan practices, and the mantras recited are typically in Sanskrit. I picked the video because I was interested in learning new facts about the language because it is a part of my religion and many others.

Comments

Popular Posts