Storybook Favorites

Supernatural Women

After looking through all of the different storybooks, I found this story in particular the most interesting and unique! I have always been drawn to different kinds of mythology and supernatural stories. Growing up I'd watch so many movies and shows that revolved around supernatural things. Something about that type of fiction just excites me so much. I really thought it was cool that the story was written because the writer felt that women were often overlooked and given lesser roles throughout stories in mythology. This storybook covers female mermaids, half-human and half-serpent semi divine beings, and shapeshifters, which is very exciting to read about. 



Epic Cooking

The next storybook I found is called Epic Cooking. This storybook focuses on the stories of Greedy Ganesha, Akshaya Patra, Krishna Rides Hastin as well as the food that comes with it. I found this project so fun and exciting because I absolutely love and appreciate food. I enjoy learning about the culture and stories behind it. This storybook is a nice mix of incorporating Indian epics and recipes. I love traveling and going on vacation, and one of the reasons I love visiting new places and traveling is getting to try delicious new foods and learning about the history behind its creation. I felt like this storybook really has those elements so naturally I was drawn to it.



Reincarnation

This last storybook I found is called Reincarnation. It revolves around the cycle of death to rebirth. I found this storybook intriguing because of the emphasis on reincarnation. As a buddhist, reincarnation has always been a part of my religion and cultural beliefs. Therefore, it was interesting to read stories from the reincarnation perspective of Hinduism and its stories. The project focuses on the reincarnated avatars of gods and goddesses: Lakshmi, Vedavati, and Sita. I found that it was fascinating reading about how gods and goddesses have avatars that are incarnations of themselves on Earth. 



Comments

Popular Posts