Growth Mindset

 I am somewhat familiar with the growth mindset concept because of previous psychology classes. In regards to school, I would say that I lean a little more on the fixed mindset side of things. Sometimes the intense pressures of wanting to succeed can get to me. Other aspects in life where these mindsets can be applied would be activities such as swimming and cooking. For both activities it is easier for me to have a growth mindset than fixed. Both of these things require a lot of repetition and and perseverance in the face of failure in order to build and improve abilities. With something like school however, I feel like it is a lot harder to be more open to a growth mindset because of the "punishment" or cons that come with it. The pressures of getting good grades for our ultimate future can blur the lines between what kind of mindset we know is better and what mindset we lean more to. However, this semester, I hope to have more of a growth mindset for my classes.




Comments

Popular Posts